Did you know there was a right way to pack a carry-on? This video takes packing tips to the next level by introducing you to some new ideas. Using packing cubes to pack a carry on has never been easier with this new packing strategy to pack in the right order!
If you hate watching YouTube videos and just come to this part of the internet to read blogs, Fin’s carry on packing advice in the above video can be boiled down to:
Fin’s Packing Secrets:
- Pack your toiletries, electronics, and shoes first. These things don’t compress well.
- Pack all that heavy stuff at the “bottom” of your suitcase or backpack- that way your bag isn’t tipping over all crazy while you’re at the airport.
- All that room you have leftover? That’s all that’s left for your clothes. Pack accordingly!
- Fin’s hottest tip is that she uses packing cubes and packs based on outfit or activity. To put it more simply- instead of packing all her shirts in one cube and all of her pants in another, she’ll pack an entire outfit in one bag. That way, when it’s time to go out dancing, she’s got her dancing clothes ready to go!
- Put that “extra” stuff off to itself so it doesn’t clutter the rest of your carry on.
While we always appreciate the opportunity to hawk our wares at people on the old youtube, we also need to give a shoutout to something we don’t make- the Osprey Porter 46L backpack.
This is the same bag we took with us all over the world on our first trip. We having matching backpacks (cute, right?). The good news? They both still look like they’re brand new! While one day TRIPPED Travel Gear will be making its own heavy duty 46L backpacks, if you’re looking for an incredible bag in the meantime, you should check out the Osprey Porter.
Some say Diemer was raised by wolves. Others claim the spirits of the forest played a part. Most however, would agree that he was raised by his parents in a house.
A living oddity, he is one of the few living men who can legally drive a Class A dump truck but also knows why you’d pay more for a full canvas suit.
While blessed with many useless gifts, he is not a man without weakness. To this day he is unable to throw a baseball or “pigskin” in front of others without fear of ridicule.
FAVORITE PLACES: Anywhere best explored on a motorbike: Vietnam, the Philippines, Santorini and Bali.